Friday, December 30, 2016

The Imprecise Journey

This was written one month before leaving the U.S. (November 2016)

This is the hardest part. Right here, right now. Right here, in the compact dust of my hometown, where I've been twiddling my thumbs and fighting off the travel itch for 3 years since leaving the Bay Area. Where I've been laying low, not joining clubs, not over extending, not molding too many friendships, not beginning new hobbies, not buying new art supplies, not welding together old habits with new ideals, not screaming so loudly, not always wearing Glitter, not faking enthusiasm, not accepting less than what I need in almost every moment to be happy, not over-eating, not under-being, just really being, really just being.
The desert has sewn me back together.

But, I've got to go now.  


No comments: